Campinas has first suspected case of coronavirus

                    Patient is an adult with a history of travel to China; case is the only suspect in the state                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     From the Newsroom |                                                                                                                                                           ACONON Campinas                                                                                                                                           14/2/2020 17: 17                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Coronavirus has killed more than 1,400 people in China (Photo: Folhapress) The Ministry of Health announced this Friday (14) that it monitors a suspected case of coronavirus in Campinas. He is an adult, with a history of traveling to China, who is in isolation at home. The case is the only suspect in the state. There is no information on when or where he was seen, nor on his state of health.READ MORE Coronavirus: after “first wave”, there is a downward trend Coronavirus forces companies to take collective holidays in Campinas Coronavirus: Surveillance says there is no reason for panic Another three suspected cases were registered at the MRC (Metropolitan Region of Campinas), but were discarded. The cases were two from Paulínia and one from Americana and were discarded on the last day 5, after the negative diagnosis of coronavirus performed by the Adolfo Lutz Institute. So far, there is no confirmed case of coronavirus either in São Paulo or in Brazil. In the country there are four suspects in total, the case of Campinas, another in Paraná and two in Rio Grande do Sul. The relatives of the patient in Campinas were advised about the necessary measures to prevent it. Health guides the use of masks, hand hygiene and not sharing personal objects, as well as the care required for patients, which include hydration and staying at home, without circulation to other places and avoiding contact with family members and friends, for example. Official data are being recorded by the municipalities in a notification system from the Ministry of Health. As defined by the federal portfolio, the cases inserted by midday by the municipalities are disclosed in the bulletin of the same date. Those inserted later are disclosed in the balance sheet for the following day. “We are discarding suspicious cases with a negative diagnosis for the new coronavirus and we continue monitoring with international and national health organizations. The teams remain attentive to carry out quick and effective responses when necessary,” says the director of Epidemiological Surveillance, Helena Sato. It is essential to seek the nearest health service if the person has symptoms such as fever, difficulty breathing, cough or runny nose, associated with the following epidemiological aspects: history of travel in an area with virus circulation (see the sites indicated at the end of the text) , close contact with suspected or laboratory confirmed case for coronavirus.                 
Read More

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here